Ten Student Goals for Chess Lessons
- Become a more confident chess player!
- Critique your games for mistakes and improvements.
- Develop the necessary patience to carefully consider the consequences of every move played during a chess game.
- Improve pattern recognition and understanding of tactics.
- Learn positional and strategic concepts, such as tempo, space, pawn structures, weaknesses, good/bad pieces, and threats.
- Apply standard opening rules and develop an opening repertoire.
- Understand the theory of common endgames.
- Cope with psychological pressures caused by different game situations, such as a winning or losing position.
- Prepare for tournamenta or even specific opponents.
- Have fun!
© 2015 Michael Aigner